Prices and Payment
- Q: How much does it cost?
- A: Costs vary depending upon several factors. $500 minimum.
- Q: Which forms of payment do you accept?
- A: We accept cash or credit.
- Q: What if I am a Las Vegas local and I want to use my insurance to pay for the visit?
- A: We recommend the UMC Quick Care clinics and Healthcare Partners on West Tropicana Avenue, which is a 24-hour clinic.
Reimbursements and Coverage
- Q: Do you bill insurance?
- A: No, patients pay us and we provide a receipt that you can submit to your insurance company for reimbursement.
- Q: How much can I expect to reimbursed by my insurance?
- A: 100% if you have foreign travel insurance. About two-thirds if you have American insurance.
- Q: Do you take Medicare or Medicaid?
- A: No.
Medication and Procedures
- Q: Does the doctor provide medication?
- A: Yes, we carry many types of injectable medications as well as some oral medications.
- Q: Can you get an X-ray, ultrasound, or EKG done in the hotel?
- A: Yes we can!
- Q: Do you write prescriptions?
- A: Of course!
- Q: Do you write controlled substances?
- A: Rarely… only in emergencies.
- Q: Can you refill the medications that I lost?
- A: Generally, yes.
Travel Times and Visits
- Q: Will a doctor answer my call?
- A: Yes, a doctor answers all calls — we do not use an answering service.
- Q: How soon can I be seen by a doctor?
- A: Generally, in 1 hour or less.
- Q: Is the visit strictly confidential?
- A: Yes, no information will be put into a database when the patient pays cash or credit.
- Q: Which hotels do you service?
- A: All of them.
- Q: What if I have to go to the hospital?
- A: We have excellent doctors on staff at Sunrise Hospital to take care of you.
- Q: What if I have a problem after the visit?
- A: You can call the doctor directly on his cell phone.
- Q: Do you make house calls to private homes?
- A: Yes, but local residents may not get fully reimbursed by their insurance — since their insurance requires locals to go to preferred providers.
Language Língua Idioma
- Q: Do you see international patients?
- A: Yes, we can use a phone translator for any language.
- P: Você fala português?
- R: Muito pouco, mas podemos compreender. Também dizemos espanhol.
- P: ¿Se habla Español?
- R: Sí, pero es necesario que habla muy despacio por teléfono, por favor. Es más fácil hablar en persona.
- Q: Who is your principal doctor?
- A: Dr. Steve Lissau, MD
- Q: Are you insured?
- A: Yes, we carry full malpractice insurance.
- Q: Are you able to see high-profile celebrities?
- A: Yes, we have seen many and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Q: Are you a walk-in clinic?
- A: No, we only do hotel and house calls.
For general questions concerning the types of care we provide, please visit our Symptoms page.